Join us this October at Beaver Stadium as we celebrate “A Century of Stories” during the 100th anniversary of Penn State Homecoming!
You are not eligible to register for Homecoming unless you have already renewed your Alumni Blue Band Association membership at the “Performing Membership” or “Dual Performing Membership” level. If you have not yet renewed, please do so before reading further or submitting your Homecoming registration. For inquiries regarding your membership status or the renewal process, please contact the ABBA Membership Committee before proceeding.
For registration and other important Homecoming information, please read this entire page carefully. For questions not addressed by this page, contact the ABBA Homecoming Committee.
REGISTRATION FOR HOMECOMING 2019 IS NOW CLOSED!
Final deadline for registration is Friday, September 27, 5:00 PM Eastern. Due to enhanced security requirements in place at Beaver Stadium, no walk-up registrations will be accepted. Thank you for your understanding and timely response.
Your registration fee includes:
- Game ticket
- Opportunity to participate in the Homecoming parade
- Friday night hospitality reception
- Transportation to Holuba Hall
- Pregame rehearsal at Holuba Hall led by Director of Athletic Bands Dr. Greg Drane
- Instrument rentals for certain sections (NOTE: instruments cannot be guaranteed and are subject to availability – only sousaphones, baritones, mellophones, and percussion will be available)
- Boxed lunch at Holuba Hall following Saturday morning rehearsal
- Music folios (to borrow) and drill charts
- A contribution to the Penn State athletic bands program on behalf of each participant
- The opportunity to “relive the glory days”, reconnect with fellow Blue Band alumni and friends, make new connections with alumni and current Blue Band students, and take the field during pregame and halftime of the Homecoming game versus Purdue (noon kickoff)
A majority of the proceeds from Alumni Blue Band Homecoming registration fees directly benefit the Penn State athletic bands program. Therefore, your registration fee is non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding.
SPACE IN THE ALUMNI BLUE BAND HOMECOMING BLOCK IS LIMITED: Spots will be confirmed in the order they are received. You must be an active Alumni Blue Band Association member to participate; if your membership is not current at the time of your registration and is later determined to be inactive, your order will be refunded.
You will receive immediate confirmation of your paid registration, but your spot in the block and in the stands is subject to eligibility verification. Final weekend schedules and information will be e-mailed to verified participants at least one week prior to the game.
Homecoming Weekend Events – October 4-5, 2019
ALL TIMES ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE — Finalized times will be sent to confirmed participants at least one week prior to Homecoming weekend.
Hintz Family Alumni Center Ice Cream Social Pep Band
Check-In and Music Pickup
- Friday check-in will be at the O. Richard Bundy Blue Band Building during the day from 10 am to 4:30pm and then at night during the post-parade social from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
Saturday check-in will be at Holuba Hall on Saturday morning (time TBD).
Game Day Timeline
Game Day Timeline
Rehearsal will be held in Holuba Hall (start time TBD). Buses will be available from the Blue Band Building to Holuba Hall (for individuals checking out borrowed equipment) courtesy of the Penn State Alumni Association. Kick-off is scheduled for noon.
Guest Tickets and Parking
All parking around Beaver Stadium is paid parking; ordering your parking pass in advance will save time and money. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD! Visit Penn State Athletics for stadium parking information.